Turner Gallery, Perth
Stuart Elliott
'Facility 2 - BEACON
The Stuart Elliott exhibition, Facility 2 - Beacon at Turner Gallery was amazing and I strongly encourage people to go and have a look. The space is filled with artwork that looks familiar but also strange, as if you want to relate, but then a closer investigation arose the questions of where is this place and where is the artist taking me? My mind was taken to a place where things went wrong in time, may be it already happened or a premonition of what is to come. What ever this was it was dreamlike and surreal but very possible. The artworks, colour scheme and hybrid life forms gave the impression of an industrial site, the environmental disturbance and a kind of pollution. I felt as if I wanted to choke up as if there weren’t enough clean air in the space. There are not many figures in the exhibition but the ones I’ve spotted looked sick may be because of the toxins in the air. Everything looks as if mutation is taking place. What ever it is suppose to be these amazing works were creator by a skillful and knowledgeable artist whose works are stunning to look at, with a definite journey to experience.



No comments:
Post a Comment