Saturday, 25 May 2013

Matthew Barney




In the past two weeks I saw the movies Cremaster 1 to 5 by Matthew Barney, and I was left speechless. It was an experience like no other and a shock for my system. I had no idea how I felt about the art form and what to say. At first I thought that he needed some sleep or better needed to be locked up! But then I experienced the same feeling when people do channel hopping on the television. Frames of information feed visually to the viewer with no beginning or end an endless consumption by the eye and an overload of the mind. I’m still puzzled by these movies but the more I’m exposed to it the more question arise and the less I understand. Definitely not for everybody and definitely not for me!!!


http://www.google.com.au/search?q=matthew+barney+cremaster&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GZGgUcWAJoSgiQfb9IGADg&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1395&bih=709

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8jhc2Frh4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cremaster_Cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment